ANSTHRLD - Non-Contact Heraldry

Eirik eirik at surfamerica.net
Thu Feb 24 16:32:26 PST 2000

> >Actually folks, the purpose of the authorization card with non-contact
> participation is to
> >ensure that there is a signed waiver of liability on file with the
> marshallate office for the
> >participant.  It has nothing to do with the safety of the individual and
> everything to do with
> >the legal environment of our century.

Actually, the purpose of the authorization is SAFETY. If you don't know the
rules and are a danger to yourself and/or others, you WILL NOT be
authorized. If you read the Participant's Handbook, the requirements are
that you know the rules, are not a danger to anyone on the field, and that
you know what you are supposed to do in regards to what non-contact area you
are being authorized in. It is not just to ensure a waiver is signed,
because anyone who is a member could just put on armor and go out and fight.

Ld. Eirik Halfdanarson