ANSTHRLD - Filling out the forms, full service

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Thu Jan 20 07:25:30 PST 2000

Greetings to one and all!

<snip>
>> I was surprised that people were willing to pay such a premium for
>> fire-and-forget.  I guess they're not cheap bastards, or our forms are
>> just that painful or tedious or unpleasant.  Hrmm.

> I don't think it is that the forms are 'painful, tedious or unpleasant',
> just that a lot of submitters feel that, because we work with the forms
> a lot, we know what to do to fill them out correctly.

I have talked to many of the people that chose to pay the extra to get the
"Full Service".
Most of those people did it simply for the convenience.  A reason often
sited was "my time is worth more than that" amount of money.  I will stress
that if a submitter wishes to use the resources (consulting, books, forms,
heraldic artists) and fill out all the forms and turn them in at the table
the cost is the standard $9.  I know that outside of the
consulting/submissions tables, I will often help the client by copying and
coloring the forms for no extra charge, that is easy to do when it is
one-on-one.  Not so easy when you get 28 submissions, or 82 as we did at
ATYC, in just a few hours.

The "convenience charge" goes into the heraldic funds to help prevent the
need to up the standard submissions fee.

--Francois, Star