ANSTHRLD - Charge Question

P. Crandall Polk pcrandal at flash.net
Sun Jan 30 16:38:15 PST 2000

At Coronation I was wondering if a "sarcen" is an acceptable
charge.
And things got busy and I never really got an answer.

A sarcen is one of the supporting stones of a dolman.
They existed in period, but would sarcen be the correct term, and
would there be a problem with identifiability?

I read a definition some time ago and it said that these stones
supported the important "guide" stones.
Other than that, they just seem to stand around and not do much.

BTW: One of my "heraldically cruel" things to do to myself is to
become the Sarcen Herald.

Thanks,

Crandall