ANSTHRLD - Galen's Augmentation

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Sat Jan 22 15:49:25 PST 2000

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Paul Mitchell <pmitchel at flash.net> wrote:
> > You know, at Coronation, no fewer than 5 heralds started
> > conversations with me with the words "you know it doesn't have to be
> > in canton!"  (Master Robin suggested I follow the example of Admiral
> > Nelson, and place all of ATYC on a chief.)
>
> *splork*!  With "ATYC" on the bend?

Ah, no.  Admiral Nelson had an augmentation (one of three that
completely obsured every charge of his original arms) that was a
chief that was a picture of Egypt:  a camel, sand dunes, a pyramid,
etc.  Robin was suggesting that I should have a chief with pictures of
pavillions, a tourney, a coronation, sort of panorama-style, you know,
ATYC; not the letters, but the event.

I bet the letters on the bend don't sound so horrible now.

- Galen