ANSTHRLD - Input - officers job description - Clarification

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:20:39 PST 2000

Andre,

>Greetings once more to all my fellow heralds.  I
>apologize if my earlier missive seemed rather rushed
>or curt - I was down to my last two minutes on the
>library's computer and wanted to get it off ASAP.

I didn't take your question as curt.  By the way if my gules colored
comments seemed curt you have my apologies in return.

>re-submissions are free.  One copy of each
>submission stays in the baronial herald's files; all
>others (with payment from the reeve/exchecquer) goes
>to the regional herald (I think; or is it kingdom?)

Good up to here.  Resubmissions are free for 2 years 3 months I believe
after that they cost again.  I have to check the admin handbook to verify
that time space.  However, all name and device submissions go directly to
the Asterisk Herald.  Never send submissions or money through a regional
herald unless they are running a submissions table and collecting there.

>- No documentation is required for devices or badges
>(except possibly to show that a creature such as a
>Virginia opossum or an alligator was known in period).
Or if a reserved charge is used.  For example, if Duke Whozit moves into
your group and he wants to register a name or device with a ducal coronet,
then some attachment is required to show that he is entitled to the
reserved charge.  Appeals of returns require good attachments.

I'll leave name commentary to those better able.

Seigneur Etienne
Obelisk Herald