ANSTHRLD - Conflict checks please

Doug Bell debell at txcyber.com
Sun Jul 2 14:18:51 PDT 2000

"(Fieldless) A raven to sinister argent."

One Thousand Eyes, Barony of September of 1997 (via Artemisia):
"(Fieldless) A peacock pavonated to base contourney argent."
This peacock would like to peck another submittor but I believe
there is a CD between a raven and a peacock from reading the
precedents.  "As the peacock is normally as different from the
standard cock as a wolf is from a lion (different head shape,
distinctive tail, etc.) we have no hesitation in counting a
difference between the two. (LoAR 21 Jan 90, p. 3)"

Tearlach the Unwashed May of 1988 (via Atlantia):
"Bendy sinister Or and sable, a stork statant to sinister
argent, beaked and membered gules."
Is there a CD between a raven and a stork?  They certainly
look different enough.

Rannveigr Haakonardottir December of 1983 (via the East):
"Azure, a falcon counter-close argent. for House Utfara"
"[A falcon close, maintaining a cross of Calatrava Or]
[Conflict with] John of Ravenwolf (SCA), Sable, a raven
speaking Or, beaked and membered argent.... There is but one
CD, for the field (or lack thereof). (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR
October 1996, p. 10)".
This definately looks like a conflict with only 1 CD for the field.