ANSTHRLD - Heraldic News - Offices Filled and others now Open

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Mon Jul 3 12:14:05 PDT 2000

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Kathleen O'Brien <kobrien at bmc.com> wrote:
> 	- send notification cards to submitters after their items are
>         accepted or returned in an LoAR

I thought Arbalest handled return notifications.

> Consider this an official call for a deputy - basically to babysit
> me and make sure I don't burn out completely before October.  And
> maybe to help get me caught up on sending out submitter notification
> cards.

*twist* *twist*  I can help with submitter notifications.

A Rearranging the Village thought comes to mind.  ("Rearranging the
Village" was the header that Dathi used in the Gazette to announce job
changes.)  There's a pretty clear deadline on ILoIs and LoIs: people
notice immediately that there's not one this month, and it's gotta be
done by the Nth or it doesn't get out.  Submitter notifications tend
to slip because both factors are lacking.  I know I was bad about
notifications; I can't speak for Kathri and Mari.  Maybe Arbalest
needs to handle *all* notifications.  There are lots more success
notifications, but on the other hand they're so much easier.

(A further thought if that happens: maybe Arbalest needs to be on the
CoA Mailing List, so he can pass on "draw the X larger" and "it's OK,
but it'd be better as" comments.  More work still, though.  If Mari
stays on as a CoA Mailing List commenter after her tenure ends, I
presume I can glom the LoCs from her.)

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;