ANSTHRLD - More on Ponca City

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Sun Jul 9 13:13:50 PDT 2000

>   From: the Heraldof the Canton in Ponca City.
>     To: All Heralds
>
>     Is lavender cosidered different from Purple?
>     What restrictions on use of silver?
>
>           George "Tony" Basore

Greetings to you milord, and welcome to this list.

For the benefit of listeners and lurkers, as Pug noted, Ponca City is
in the process of getting zip codes transferred and all manner of
administrative things to become an incipient Canton to the Barony of
Northkeep.

For the original author:
As Master Daniel noted, please don't use lavender unless you are
using something that is lavender in the real world and you are
blazoning it as "proper".  While banners, etc., can be made with
silver material, always use white in registration forms.

Northkeep's populace was informed at our meeting at the end of June
about your transfer being in progress.  As such we (the populace)
have not had a really good chance to begin to get to know you and
make you welcome and work with you.  Northkeep had a heraldic
commentary session yesterday and your post was discussed.  Robert
FitzMorgan, the current herald of Northkeep, and I are interested in
coming over and working with you in the development of a name for
your group and appropriate arms.  I know that our Hospitaller and
Arts & Sciences Minister will be interested in hosting Newcomers'
classes as soon as schedules can be put together.

If you need more heraldic info, please don't hesitate to use this
list and the accumulated wisdom/opinions of this group.  Also feel
welcome to contact Honorable Lord Robert as he will be the herald
closest to working with your situation (I'm emailing his address
privately).  Also, I would be happy to help as I can and Robert knows
that he can call on me as needed.

Thank you also for starting with questions early, before you have set
your hearts on a name or arms that are non-period or inappropriate or
not registerable.

Seigneur Etienne de St. Amaranth
(I used to have heraldic offices, now I free-lance around work.)
Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra