ANSTHRLD - Fwd: Re: Society Name

Derek Wilson dwilson at dollar.com
Fri Jul 14 22:40:10 PDT 2000

The name "Kenneth" as is "Kennethson" is shown as being associated with
Clan MacKenzie but just as families within the clan not as the
precursor, on page 495 of Scottish Clan and Family Encyclopedia by
George Way of Plean and Romilly Squire

They (Mackenzies) share a common ancestery with Clan Matheson and Clan
Anrias who are descendants of the Celtic dynast Gilleoin of the Aird in
the 12th Century. Page 226 of the same book.

Also as a by note the Gaelic rendering of Mackenzie is Maccoinneach

Hope that helps.

Dietrich von Waldorf