ANSTHRLD - Germanic name sources

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 04:26:16 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/16/2000 3:56:42 PM Central Daylight Time, tmcd at jump.net
writes:

> if you're not sure if some data
>  supports your case or not, please feel free to put it in.  Unless you
>  photocopy half a book, it's easier to weed out unneeded documentation
>  than it is to re-research it, especially because you might have
>  stumbled on the perfect work that nobody else has access to.

This works on a kingdom level.  But at the "Ask Laurel Anything" session at
KWHS, one of the questions was "What can we do to make it easier for you?"
["To register our submissions' was implied.]  One answer was "Weed your
documentation."  Currently, the documentation for names is scanned and faxed
to Finland, and it's one of the least favorite jobs for Laurel's staff.  So
we have a[nother] tightrope to walk: document each element but try not to
photocopy half a book.

Why don't we just document everything out of that copy of the Magna Charta
that someone bought at Sotheby's?  (SothEBY's evolved to E-Bay, right?)

Kathri