ANSTHRLD - quick questions

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 05:08:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/18/2000 2:16:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
dssweet at okstate.edu writes:

> Nowhere is the fruit
>  mentioned in either the LoI or the Laurel Acceptance Letter. It has
>  confused me greatly.

I remember when this went through the submission process.  Ansteorra didn't
blazon the fruit for a number of reasons.  One was that Sigen's fruit was not
the usual grapes, and we weren't sure but what she'd want to change to the
more historical form at some point. And I think I remember the fruit being
two different colors (red apple, yellow pear?). We felt that if we blazoned
it at all, we needed to blazon it completely, and the blazon became just too
long and unwieldy for something that was, in essence, artistic license.
(Sorta like this note.)

It's not at all unusual for Laurel to follow the kingdom blazon in cases like
this. And in this case s/he had the very same reasons for leaving it as a
default instead of a specific blazon.

So that's why it's not in the LoI or LoAR.  Sorry we confused you, Estrill --
that really wasn't our purpose!  Thanks for making the banners.  More
heraldic display is great!  And thanks for the great job you are doing with
the collated commentary.

Kathri