ANSTHRLD - Name Check Please

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Jul 25 20:11:22 PDT 2000

> name I would like to register :  Wilim Penbras
> Only other name I found that is
> a Penbras or a variation thereof: Gwylym Penbras
> Registered 02/96 via the Middle

Ugh. The names are variants and most likely conflict.
Choice #1 (the usual fix) is to add a locative.  Wilim Penbras of York, or
somesuch.
Choice #2 is to add a descriptive (Wilim Penbras the gray), which is really
a lame solution, if you ask me.  What?  Nobody asked me?  :)
Choice #3 is to slap on a second given name (Wilim Robert Penbras) which is
registrable but rather far from historic practice.

Wilim is a great personal name.  It's a variant on something like _the_ most
popular English/French masculine personal name in period.
Want help with a locative or perhaps a different byname?

- Teceangl
--
       Teclexia - the inability to type, write, or spell "Teceangl"