ANSTHRLD - Name Check Please

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Jul 26 10:39:05 PDT 2000

> Well,  we just paid ~$2K for a Green, Gold, and Black Pavilion.  The Colors
> are important.  (Green And Black)
> Other than that I had included a brief history so it could be considered in
> device design.  I'm thinking of picking up elements from Arms I would have
> seen in my travels.

Ack!  Nonononononono!  Pick one heraldic style and stick with it.  For a
13th C. Welshman, you'll want general Anglo-Norman, I believe.  Don't think
Wales had heraldic identity by then.

"Quarterly vert and sable, four maple leaves Or." is clear...

> > I told you - Tegwared.  :)
>
> I'd consider it except I try not to include name elements I can't pronounce.
> (fO ah net ick lee, if you please.

TEG-whar-ed - all vowels are short, g is hard, and the "wh" is as in "what".
I believe I got the second syllable break in the right place, but if not it
doesn't affect the pronounciation.

> Wilim Kynith Penbras?
>
> (Billy the Fat-headed Hunstman?)

Uh-huh.  Two epithets is a no-no.  And you need the epithet modifying YOUR
name, so <Wilim Penbras> stays together and the patronymic goes on the end.
Go read the articles Daniel pointed you at already!  :)

- Teceangl
--
       Teclexia - the inability to type, write, or spell "Teceangl"