ANSTHRLD - More on Ponca City

George Basore george.basore at scotland.com
Mon Jul 10 23:51:11 PDT 2000

On Sun, 09 Jul 2000 15:13:50 -0500 "Darin K. Herndon" <darin-herndon at utulsa.edu> wrote:
>>   From: the Heraldof the Canton in Ponca City.
>>     To: All Heralds
>>
>>     Is lavender cosidered different from Purple?
>>     What restrictions on use of silver?
>>
>>           George "Tony" Basore
>
>Greetings to you milord, and welcome to this list.
>
>For the benefit of listeners and lurkers, as Pug noted, Ponca City is
>in the process of getting zip codes transferred and all manner of
>administrative things to become an incipient Canton to the Barony of
>Northkeep.
>
>For the original author:
>As Master Daniel noted, please don't use lavender unless you are
>using something that is lavender in the real world and you are
>blazoning it as "proper".  While banners, etc., can be made with
>silver material, always use white in registration forms.
>
>Northkeep's populace was informed at our meeting at the end of June
>about your transfer being in progress.  As such we (the populace)
>have not had a really good chance to begin to get to know you and
>make you welcome and work with you.  Northkeep had a heraldic
>commentary session yesterday and your post was discussed.  Robert
>FitzMorgan, the current herald of Northkeep, and I are interested in
>coming over and working with you in the development of a name for
  Milords and Ladies;
All of the officers here welcome any assistance offered.
Most of us are fairly new to the Society, so we are learning as we go. In my case, history and heraldry have become my hobby, so I am anxious to learrn all I can on the subject.
  I can be reached at: george.basore at scotland.com  or
                       tony_basore at hotmail.com
                       snailmail:
                        Tony Basore
                      2801 Gardenview Dr.
                      Ponca City, Ok. 74604
                       (580) 765-3199
  Our Seneshal is: elfseeker_1999 at yahoo.com
  Our Chronicler is my Daughter at:phlowerlady79 at yahoo.com

  I will be at Moonshadow next month, and hope to meet as many fellow heralds as I can.
  Look for me in the Ponca camp. Ask for "Dad", or look for the campfire with the most coffee pots.(also the one
all the WOKs. My specialty is Cantonese cooking and exotic coffee)
  Hope to see you all there.
  At my campsite there is always a hot cup of coffee and lively chatter for any guest any time (24/7).
  My persona is Capt. Robt Haddock, RSN (Royal Scottish Navy) Privateer for Good Queen Mary.
  Drop by any time. Good food, Gormet Coffee, and good company.
                      Tony Basore

>your group and appropriate arms.  I know that our Hospitaller and
>Arts & Sciences Minister will be interested in hosting Newcomers'
>classes as soon as schedules can be put together.
>
>If you need more heraldic info, please don't hesitate to use this
>list and the accumulated wisdom/opinions of this group.  Also feel
>welcome to contact Honorable Lord Robert as he will be the herald
>closest to working with your situation (I'm emailing his address
>privately).  Also, I would be happy to help as I can and Robert knows
>that he can call on me as needed.
>
>Thank you also for starting with questions early, before you have set
>your hearts on a name or arms that are non-period or inappropriate or
>not registerable.

WE have tenetavely chosen Feochadan Fearann (Irish for land of thistles) but we are open to advice and suggestions.  Tony