ANSTHRLD - Germanic name sources

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 06:49:53 PDT 2000

>Cyniric, I'll make a note and see if any of the sources I have in my
>library have any help for you.  The more documentation you have, the easier
>it should fly through the registration process.

  Thanks, but I do have it covered.  The sad part is am in general so
pathetically broke that I could not do it before now.  Hopefully when I get
with Meredudd next, it will get on its way.
   The West Saxon version of the A-S Chronicle has Cynric listed in it
early, but this is late West Saxon.  In a book on Cynewulf the poet, they
explain the the age and origin of his name as a way of dating and find ing
his dialect which appears as Mercian.  They say the age progress is cyni- >
cyne- > cyn- for Mercian showing a vowel shift toward Saxon where the
Northumbrian retains the early -i- weak vowel.  Ward is just the northern
variant of weard (of which I also have the later name Cyneweard as a
dialectal cognate).  I have been arguing "ing" so I think I have it covered.
:)
    I also have my by-name covered "forscruncenu hand"- "Withered/
Shrunken-Hand". I actually do have muscle atrophy in my hand making it
withered. :)
  About my device,  is there a problem with: Fieldless, a Nordic sunwheel
gules.  The sunwheel is in the pic-dic though I do not know if it has been
rebanned (it was oncee then allowed again) with its rising and visible use
among White Aryan Resistance. (Gods I hate those idiots).

Cyniric