ANSTHRLD - Ameteur Heraldic Question...

Rhyddyn y Ddraigseren rhydon at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 5 15:59:00 PDT 2000

Greetings Lords and Ladies to the West-

  My apologies for intruding on your day to day business,
but I have a name submission question, and I don't even
know if there *is* a Trimarian Herald list, so I turn to your
expertise, having lurked for a while.

 I am attempting to document several names for myself
and members of our house. I secured a copy of "Corpus
Genelogiarum Hiberniae, Vol. 1" ed. M.A. O'Brien, 1976.
It transcribes two old manuscripts, Rawlings B.502, and
the Book of Leinster, with minor information from the
Book of Lecan and the Book of Ballymote. It lists Irish
genealogies, but they are not dated. My question is,
is this book sufficient as a primary submission reference
as far as the Society's CoA? It refers to the manuscripts by
page, column, and line; the originals are apparently very
closely held at universities in Ireland and England. Of
course, I cannot ask you to predict how the Trimarian
bureaucracy might respond, but just as a guide, where
would something like this fall as far as quality of
reference? I am trying to obtain a copy of the Annals
of the Kingdom of Ireland, but what copies I have been
able to locate are prohibitively expensive. I have heard
of a 1966 reprinting of this 1851 book, but cannot locate
it, either. Can anyone provide pointers to this book?

My grateful thanks in advance to your collective wisdom.
I would be happy to summarize private replies to
minimize list traffic.

Rhyddin;

Rhyddin y Ddraigseren =+=+=+=+=+=+=+= rhydon at bellsouth.net
        Nisi potestatam dabis, non habebunt.