ANSTHRLD - Ansteorra Herald Titles

Amanda Lewanski editor at texas.net
Fri Jun 30 17:37:09 PDT 2000

"Darin K. Herndon" wrote:

> >    * Ave Herald -- Have no clue, I haven't heard that its in use

This is the title used by Mistress Aureliane Rioghail, who served twice as Star.

> >    * Barding Herald Extraordinary -- Have no clue, I haven't heard
> >that its in use

This is the title used by HL Anebairn MacPharlaine, also a former Star.

> >    * Nimbus Herald -- Have no clue, I haven't heard that its in use

I think this has something to do with Mistress Clare, but the bells it is ringing
are very dim and far-off.

> >    * Tamarisk Herald -- Have no clue, I haven't heard that its in use

Probably a remnant of that fit of registration of every adjectival form ending in
"-isk" as an Ansteorran heraldic title.

--Alisandre, old enough to fill in a few gaps, and long-ago occupant of the
position of the clearly never-registered Iris Herald, a kingdom-level office
responsible for the fostering, teaching, and otherwise spreading of good heraldic
art and artistic style.