ANSTHRLD - Need conflict check (Walter)

Jennifer Smith jds-emma at operamail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:08:13 PST 2000

> > Per bend vert and sable, semy of hearts argent.
> >
> > CONFLICT with Berengaria de Hainault
> > The following badge associated with this name was registered in
> > January of 1998 (via AEthelmearc): Azure, semy of hearts argent.
>
> That is indeed in the e-O&A.  Unless there's a misblazon in the
> proposed device -- if the hearts are only on the sable size -- that is
> indeed a conflict.

I was (one of) the consulting herald(s).  I don't *think* I misblazoned
it, but the above blazoning has a typo in it -- that comma is not
supposed to be there.  I blazoned it as "Per bend Vert and Sable
semy of hearts Argent" (no comma).  The semy is indeed only on
the sable half of the field.  Would it therefore get an additional CD
from the above for only being half as many semy'd hearts?

If there's a better way to blazon this, I would love to know!  I'm still
learning this stuff. :)

-Emma de Fetherstan
Shire of Mooneschadowe Deputy Herald-Books

--
Jennifer Smith
jds-emma at operamail.com