ANSTHRLD - Re : precedence

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at healthaxis.com
Wed May 3 07:55:53 PDT 2000

>I've got a precedence question.  Eadric of Wolfstar is listed in the White
>Scarf list after Aubrey de Baudricourt.  Eadric was made in Julia's
stepping
>down court and Aubrey in Catherine's stepping up court.  A friend explained
>the order was due to precedence.  Since they were made Dons on the same
day,
>it was in alphabetical order.
>
>Is this how precedence works?
>
>Stephen Hawkins

Greetings Stephen!

The Order of Precedence is arranged on a three level sort.

1) Precedence of the Award (i.e.. White Scarves are higher than Sable
Comets)
2) Date Award was Received (i.e.. Saturday or Sunday at an Event)
3) Alphabetical Order starting with First Name (Daffydd Whitaker before
Inman MacMoore)

So, in the case you site, since the award was the same, and it was given on
the same day, the Precedence order would fall to alphabetical order base on
name, hence Aubrey would come before Eadric.

Timothy of Glastonbury
Forerynel Pursuivant (Deputy Kingdom Precedence Herald)