ANSTHRLD - Name Question (fwd)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Mon May 1 09:57:32 PDT 2000

Mari wrote:
> > spelling as a given name from 1279.
> "byname" not "given name".  Yeah, it's probably the same spelling, but this
> is a matter of unintentionally mis-representing your source.

et seq.  Oh, yes.  Thank you for the corrections, Mari.  I did indeed
misrepresent the data (and after I castigated others for doing so!
I'm so ashamed!).  Giving the full name is also a good idea, so
others can judge the case.  Further, finding the forename
in a given name context is even better, as in her
> Reaney & Wilson (p. 220 under Hatchett) date <William Hachet> to 1165.

In short: I was sloppy.  She was dead-on.  What she said.  Thanks!

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)