ANSTHRLD - Branch device change-how to's?

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Wed May 3 07:48:06 PDT 2000

>>Nah.  If anyone asks, tell them your grand-dad swiped one off a Roman
>>chariot and your family has proudly painted a wheel on stuff ever since.
>
>  Hey, the Romans did not invent everything.  We knew about the wheel too.

Never said you didn't.  Just that grand-dad (like any proper Saxon) proudly
swiped stuff from the Romans: wheels, weaponry, whatever.  Preferably off a
dead Roman, but live Romans would do...

(says Mari, who has decidedly Saxon allegience since she's got ancestors
who went north to Scotland as part of the group that followed when the
Saxon princess Margaret married Malcolm - who was later king of Scotland.)

>>Then tell the person asking that their momma wears legion sandals...
>
>  I will have to remember that one.

I can't take credit for it.  I don't remember who came up with that one,
but I first heard it in the Barony of Three Rivers (St. Louis) in late 1990
or early 1991.  We were having a Celtic theme event and several of our
members couldn't be there.  They were playing in a sandbox half a world
away (can you say "Desert Shield / Desert Storm"?).  So we took butcher
paper and wrote graffiti all over it.  I'm told it was used as a decoration
at the event, then sent overseas to our members.  That's one huge
postcard...  That line was one of the phrases written as graffiti.

Mari
(native Ansteorran - veteran of many kingdoms)