ANSTHRLD - Armory conflict check: Duncan M

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Sun May 7 22:00:57 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/7/2000 7:59:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
tierna at agora.rdrop.com writes:

> > Or, a unicorn rampant gules.
>
>  Probably in conflict with Jiane of Ocurin - January of 1974 (via the West):
>  Argent, a Horse forcene gules, animee and allume azure.
>
>  The only precedent I could find on unicorns versus horses:
>     There is at least a CD between a horse and a correctly drawn (i.e.
>     medieval) unicorn (William Palfrey, September, 1992, pg. 14)
>
>  That leaves one CD for the difference between unicorn and horse,

I count one CD for the field (Or vs argent) and one CD for unicorn vs horse
for a total of two.  Right?

This is a correctly drawn unicorn.  Well, he has the horn, bearded chin,
lion's tail and cloven hooves.  Tufts on hooves are missing right now but I'm
sure they'll grow before he leaves kingdom.  [shuffle, shuffle -- yes, here's
the black marker -- and the red crayon, not marker but crayon -- ] Yes, I'm
*sure* he'll have tufts soon.

But he's clear, right?

Kathri, Asterisk