ANSTHRLD - Need some help conflict checking

Tamberlin tamberlinofnk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 06:22:49 PST 2000

> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:06:17 -0600
> From: "Brent Ryder" <bryder at compucom.com>
> Subject: Re: ANSTHRLD - Need some help conflict
> checking
>
> >1)  Device:  field azure, with a rapier and sewing
> needle (with the thread) >crossed at the top and a
> dragonfly (the main item) underneath, all argent.
>
> Is the rapier point up or down? I am assuming point
> up and the point is crossed near the eye of the
> needle.

She doesn't really mind weither it goes up or down
that I know of.  As for the crossing she was thinking
like two swords but one of them is a needle. I'm
thinking that would mean that they would cross in the
middle of each other?

> What position is the dragonfly in? With the wings
> spread so we are looking down at it's back
> (tergiant) or a side view?

We're looking at its back with wings spread out on
both sides.

> >2)  Badge:  an inverted pile 'V' argent and azure,
> with a dragonfly on the >pile (in azure) and a
> flur-de-lys on either side in argent.
>
> OK, is the point of the pile up or down? What
> position is the dragonfly in (see above)?

Point down like a V, and same dragonfly.

> The coloring would be counterchanged for the charges

Yes,  the V would be argent with a azure dragonfly.
Sides would be azure with argent flur-de-lys.

> >3)  Device:  a sleeping polor bear on a blue field.
> (any suggestions would >be appreciated).
>
> Which way is the bear facing? default is the the
> left as you are looking at the shield:

I don't think it matters.  It's a little girl (12ish)
who wants a polar bear and the parents want as simple
as possible.

> Azure, a Polar Bear dormant argent.
>
> This would make sort of a white lump in the middle
> of the shield and would be indistinguishable from
> msot other creaturse and other things like rocks.

I'll let them know about your concern for the 'white
lump' look.

Thanks again!!!

Tamberlin
(aka Cunovinda)

=====
'If Normal is relative, it must be a very distant relative...'