ANSTHRLD - Forcene?

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 06:28:09 PDT 2000

"Forcene" is a posture used only for horses (and equine-like monsters such as
unicorns and pegasi) in which the animal is rearing with both hind feet on
the ground.  It was registered 8 times between 1973 and 1979, but not since.
(Once was for a dragon, which I don't consider equine, but oh well it was the
'70s forget I mentioned it.)

Is there a precedent against using forcene?  Or did we just forsake reality?
Horses really do this, and far more often than some of the heraldic postures
occur in nature.

I've had inquiries from some of the equestrian community.  Thanks for your
help.

Kathri