ANSTHRLD - Forcene?

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Sun Oct 15 09:16:58 PDT 2000

>"Forcene" is a posture used only for horses (and equine-like monsters such as
>unicorns and pegasi) in which the animal is rearing with both hind feet on
>the ground.

Kathri,

Do I correctly interpret from what you have described that "forcene"
would be a position between rampant and salient?  Like rampant, the
front legs would be in offset (not next to each other) positions and
"pawing" the air.  Like salient, the back legs would be both on the
ground and next to each other.

Just wanted to get a correct visualization.

Etienne