ANSTHRLD - Damask Gisele de Bier - Name documentation

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Tue Oct 17 14:05:03 PDT 2000

>When the name was being looked at by the CoH's, Magnus found documentation
for something close 'Damasca'. I am not sure where the accents are on it.
The submittor wanted something closer to the name she is currently using

<Damasca> is from De Felice (under Damascus, I seem to remember).  The
accents in De Felice are an editorial convention to indicate pronunciation.
 As such, they should not be written as part of the name.

However, the list of <Damasca> in De Felice is undated.  As such, I have no
idea if it is registerable.

Mari