ANSTHRLD - Documentation for surname L'Heureux

Jennifer Smith jds-emma at operamail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:13:01 PDT 2000

We've got a newcomer interested in a French name, with a surname of
"L'Heureux".  Apparently he found it back in his geneology somewhere, but I
can't find it in Dauzat.  It seems to be spelled in various ways in modern
days (closer phonetically, ie "LaRue", and whatnot), so I'm not 100% sure
that spelling is period.

If altavista's translator is to be trusted, this would seem to be French for
"the happy", which seems to me to be a fine surname, but that's as far as I
can document.  Help?

-Emma de Fetherstan
Mooneschadowe Herald

--