ANSTHRLD - Re: device

Ansteorran Kingdom Star Principal Herald herald at ansteorra.org
Wed Sep 6 07:59:42 PDT 2000

>We had corrpespondence regarding my device about a
>month ago. Unfortunately my scribe went on vacation
>and your missives have been lost.  If you recall
>your words would you be so kind as to send them again?

Your original Missive was:

Unto His Lordship Borek Vitalievich Volkov, Star
Principal Herald for Ansteorra, does Brother
Kristophorus send warmest Greetings:

Your Lordship,

I pray that this missive finds you in good health and
high spirits.

I first want to take this opportunity to thank you for
attending the fighter practice held at Angus' stead
this weekend past.  It is gratifying to know that such
honorable persons such as yourself support our efforts
to reestablish the incipient shire here in this area.

Good Maestro Petruccio suggested that I speak to you
regarding my naming and device.  I have been speaking
to an esteemed colleague of yours (unfortunately my
memory is as keen a butter and cannot tell you his
name), both at King's College and Highland Games, and
he advises me that my desired name and device need much
work.  At event's end, he indicated that he may have
reached some 'Heraldic' compromise.  Maestro Petruccio
feels that perhaps you may be able to see some
difference in opinion.

For the name, prayer and meditation revealed
Kristophorus to be my intended ecclesiastical name;
which I am told is in itself not registrable.  My name
at birth was given as Anfudan mac Oirc of Loughinsholin
(later the MacGurk sept of the Cenel Binnigh from the
parish of Magherafelt).

The device is (forgive my amateurish attempt at
heraldic terminology) azure three stags annulo courant
argent (here I completely lose the proper terminology --
 the stags touch nose to heel and surround a vert
center).

Any help that you may be able to provide me in
identifying if any of this can be sorted out to
workable, registratrable naming and device would be
greatly appreciated.

Brother Kris

Under the guidance of Maestro Petruccio Alfonso Maria
Cuccieri de Cataluna,
OL OP

*************

I forwarded this info to the heralds list and I asked
about orientation of the charges, that the vert roundel
would have to be fimbriated to prevent color on color
and that in the present rules it would look like an
inner escutcheon of pretense and about your name. The
inner escutcheon issue may be resolved by Laurel, but I
have so far heard nothing on the proposed rules change.

To which you responded:

dear Sir,

I willo accept any changes required.

The stags are arranged that no one of them is
completely inverted.  The antlers are approximately at
the 12, 8 and 4 o'clock positions.

Maestro Petruccio suggested some nomenclature that
would allow for the colors; however my memory is not
good enough to recall the specifics.

In service to the Dream

Brother Kris

********************

I was contacted by Magnus von Lubeck on your name and
he related that he has spoken with you on your name in
the past. I am sending this info again to the heralds
list, with your note that you will accept any changes
and I am sure that a reasonable compromise can be
arrived at that will be to you satifaction while
remaining within the rules of submission.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to
contact me or the heralds at ansteorra.org mailing list.

In Service to Ansteorra

Borek, Star