ANSTHRLD - More conflict checks

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Thu Sep 14 17:51:46 PDT 2000

>Yes, more people have asked for my help with their
>submissions:
>
>Elanor O Ruark wants a Gaelicized version of this name

I would recommend:
    Eilonora inghean ui/ Ruairc
    Eilonora inghean ui/ Ruaircc
    Eilonora inghean ui Ruairc
    Elinora inghean ui/ Ruairc
    Elinora inghean ui/ Ruaircc
    Elinora inghean ui Ruairc

<inghean ui/ Ruairc> would be the most "standard" late period spelling.

Here is the documentation.  Let me know if you need photocopies of the last
item.  The other sources can all be gotten from the web.

Mari

-----------------------------------

<Eilonora> dated to 1497 entry 1497.8 of: Mavis Cournane, Vibeke Dijkman,
Ivonne Tummers, ed., "Anna/la Connacht" (WWW: CELT: Corpus of Electronic
Texts: a project of University College, Cork, Ireland., 1997)
[URL:http://www.ucc.ie/celt/online/G100011/]

<Elinora> dated to 1589 in entry M1589.3 of: Beatrix Färber, Peter Flynn,
ed., "Annals of the Four Masters, Volume 6" (WWW: CELT: Corpus of
Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork, Ireland, 2000)

<Ui/ Ruairc> in a woman's byname dated to 1589 in entry M1589.3 of: Beatrix
Färber, Peter Flynn, ed., "Annals of the Four Masters, Volume 6" (WWW:
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork,
Ireland, 2000) [URL: http://www.ucc.ie/celt/online/G100005F/]

<h. Ruaircc> [note, the h. is an abbreviation for ui/] in a woman's byname
dated to 1367 in entry 1367.17 of: Mavis Cournane, Vibeke Dijkman, Ivonne
Tummers, ed., "Anna/la Connacht" (WWW: CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a
project of University College, Cork, Ireland., 1997)
[URL:http://www.ucc.ie/celt/online/G100011/]

<ui Ruairc> in a woman's byname dated to 1373 on p. 658 in: John O'Donovan,
Annals of Ireland, by the Four Masters, Volume 4 (New York, N.Y.: AMS
Press, 1966).