ANSTHRLD - Fwd: Re: [meridies-heralds] Question about name weirdnesses

Ansteorran Kingdom Star Principal Herald herald at ansteorra.org
Tue Sep 19 07:13:06 PDT 2000

Can anyone help our neighbors in Meridies with this
name question?

I can forward it to their list if anyone finds anything

Borek, Star

----- Forwarded message from Andrea Hicks
<maridonna at worldnet.att.net> -----
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:56:19 -0500
From: Andrea Hicks <maridonna at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [meridies-heralds] Question about name
weirdnesses
To: meridies-heralds at egroups.com

Greetings folks!

Okay, I need help. I have been trying to find
documentation on our mentor's name for three years.
He's been playing for Years. When I was in Ansteorra I
found a name as close as I could find to the name he
uses. Before I even suggest a name change, I want to
get opinions whether or not it might work.  I don't
want to get his hopes up, you know? I know that no one
can guarantee the name passing, etc.

The name: Rumil. (He goes by Rumil Fletcher).
Source: Tolkein

Every so often I start digging and follow another
trail. This is what I turned up on this hunt:

I was thinking of a deuterotheme  <Rum->  <-il>.  I
have found both in Wickendens 25,000 Russian Names. I
found <Rum-> for the prefix, and <-il> in <Brail>,
<Nutil> 1143, and < Putil> 1567 for the suffix. I can't
remember the date of Brail off hand.

I have already email Predslava Vrynda (sp?) but have
not heard back from her yet.

Since the name is Russian, he'll probably want the
Anglica Lingua rule applied so his name would be Rumil
the Fletcher.

So, folks. Will it work? Any help greatly appreciated.

--
Andrea/Maridonna
et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis