ANSTHRLD - simple device question

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Thu Sep 7 11:59:39 PDT 2000

My recently registered name and device are Stephen Hawkins of Eforde;
Per bend argent and counter ermine, a rising hawk sable, a bordure
counterchanged.

I was just curious, because I'd heard that you could register two
devices.  I'm not unsatisfied with mine, I posted it on the
refrigerator for a week before submitting it to make sure I liked it
and could live with it.  It is a bit overcomplicated and I thought a
second with the same theme, but simpler would be handy for shields or
heraldic clothing.

Are badges restricted to a round shape?  Does "Argent a rising hawk
sable, a bordure sable" conflict with anything currently registered,
or could I attempt to register it as a badge?  I don't intend to have
an alternate persona, I can do any activity I'm really interested
within my current persona.

Hawkins