ANSTHRLD - Re: heraldry

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:07:33 PDT 2001

>From: "barb" <draeco55 at home.com>
>To: <borekvv at hotmail.com>
>Subject: heraldry
>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:00:08 -0500
>
>Greetings Borek,
>
>My son is wanting to search his name and device. On his device all he
> >wants is blue background (sea blue, not dark but not powder blue),

It would have to be a standard blue. Light blue (Blue Celeste) is not a
registerable tincture in the SCA

>With a light to medium brown merchant/viking ship with white sail in >the
>middle.

Brown is also not a tincture that is allowed except in the case of 'proper'
which is discouraged, but not disallowed. I would suggest gold/yellow (Or)
as a close approximation

I have not conflict checked this. The blazon would be "Azure, a viking long
boat Or, sailed argent"

>The name he wants is Padraig Burke.  Irish and english persona born
> >1500's.

I am not very good at names, so have sent this to the Ansteorran heralds
list for further help.