ANSTHRLD - Re: heraldry

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Tue Apr 24 21:48:12 PDT 2001

> So, for this device, I'd say:
> Azure, a viking ship sailed argent.
>
> (Would we give the technical term for a viking ship instead of "viking
> ship"?  Also, the "sailed argent" bit is based on commentary in the first
> ICC listed above.)
>
> Now the armory wizards can correct me on this.  :)

A technical name for the Viking ship would be 'drakkar' if it was a war ship
or 'knarr' if it was a merchant's ship. Drakkars seem to be what most people
are talking about then they want Viking ships.

'Drakkar' is used in the Armory as recently at 2000. I found no occurances of
the phrase 'viking ship'. So this would be: Azure, a drakkar sailed
argent, at my best guess.

Sunnifa