ANSTHRLD - New Laurel... needed

Ron Knight rknight at kumc.edu
Wed Apr 25 06:05:34 PDT 2001

Greetings from Modar!

Seigneur Etienne de St. Amaranth wrote:

> I'd be happy to support Modar, Teceangle, or our other out-of-kingdom
> lurkers though that may be more problematic.  (Though now that I think
> about it, Forgotten Seas [Kansas City] is as close to me as Steppes.  See
> Modar, more incentive  ;-))  For that matter, I may even have a potential
> storage place for a set of the Laurel office files (how  many cabinets are
> there now?).

I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.  But as I replied to another
very qualified gentle who offered to be Pelican if I decided to apply:

I made a promise to Her Majesty Lenore (God rest her soul)
when Briana and I were interviewed for the Baronage of
Forgotten Sea, that I would not put aside the Baronial
position just because the Laurel position came open.  I
promised to complete my tenure as Baron first, before I
would consider the possibility of applying for that office.

I have at least one more year (and most likely two) that
I will serve as Baron.

It surprises me that Juliana de Luna hasn't applied.

I think it would be VERY nice to see an Ansteorran Laurel, Pelican
and staff.  Some of the finest heralds I know hail from your Kingdom.

Modar