[ANSTHRLD] Augmentation forms

Tim McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Sat Aug 11 21:10:19 PDT 2001

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Darin K. Herndon <darin-herndon at utulsa.edu> wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
> >Unless, as I said, he is changing his base arms at the same time (I
> >suggested that that would work better), in which case it's two sets of
> >forms.  Though I should have mentioned that the arms can be displayed
> >without the augmentation, so my suggestion of replacing the central
> >moon with the Ansteorran rose might conflict.
>
> As clarification, you are not saying that replacing the moon with the
> rose would conflict between each other.

The College of Arms presumes that a person gives permission to
conflict with themself.

> Rather, you are saying that removing the moon from the original may
> bring it into conflict with something in its non-augmented form.

Yuppers.  Specifically, a hypothetical new Tivarian base coat of
"Sable, in fess an increscent and a decrescent Or" would conflict with
any "Sable, [an in|a de]crescent Or", like

    Christopher Edward Hawkins|9704N|b|Sable, a decrescent Or.

1 CD for removing the increscent.  So much for my suggestion.

Danielis de Lindo Colonia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.