[ANSTHRLD] Tivar augmentation

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:30:51 PDT 2001

>Tivar Moondragon May of 1980 (via Ansteorra):
>Sable, a torteau fimbriated and conjoined in fess with
>an increscent and a decrescent Or.

Some of the double roses I have seen look like a multicolored rose but they
did follow rules of contrast for charges so they wouldn't be a neutral
charge.  Guess I am used to seeing double roses on fieldless so you didn't
have to watch contrast with the field.

>However, come to think on it, were he to change his central roundel to
>Or (assuming no conflict with that base coat), then the rose could go
>on fine.

A attempt at blazoning this beast:
"Sable, a roundel conjoined in fess with an increscent and a decrescent Or."
"Sable, a roundel conjoined in fess with an increscent and a decrescent Or
and as an augmentation on the roundel a rose sable charged with a rose Or,
thereon a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable."

If I remember the rules of augmentation conflict both the base and augmented
arms have to be clear of conflict.  These two are close but look clear of
the new base armory.
Gwynaeth Math o Ddylluan July of 1974:
"Sable, a bezant charged with a raven on a branch bendwise all sable.
Sonny of Small Gray Bear March of 1991 (via Meridies):
"Sable, a roundel within a bordure wavy Or."

Armory gives me a headache.

Tivar may need a letter of permission from the Queen to use the Ansteorran
Rose.  A roundel is considered a medium for heraldic display.  He is placing
armory on it that is registered to the Queen of Ansteorra.  Since he has
been granted the augmentation by the Crown this shouldn't be a problem but
it is a formality that may need to be included with the paperwork.

With the new rules:
"The augmentation must itself follow the armory rules; if it has the
appearance of being independent armory, for example a charged escutcheon or
canton, then it is independently subject to the normal rules of armorial
conflict."
Can he use the Ansteorran rose because of exact conflict?

At least the layer problem goes away.

>   *  The following rule is added:
Why do I feel like I just played that round of fizzbin with Daniel?

Magnus von Lubeck