[ANSTHRLD] July 2001 LoAR for Ansteorra

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:57:36 PDT 2001

Only 2 returns so good news.

ANSTEORRA acceptences

Alienor Lewelyne. Name.

Angus de Botha. Name (see RETURNS for device).

Duncan Arthur Ross the Black. Device. Or, on a pile sable a claymore
inverted Or, a bordure counterchanged.

     Given that we allow other peripherals to be counterchanged across an
ordinary, we see no reason to disallow it here. However, this practice is
not
     good style and therefore counts as a weirdness.

Galen of Bristol. Device change. Gules, a bend wavy between two
double-bitted battle axes Or.

     His former device, Gules, a bend wavy between a double-bitted battleaxe
and a compass star elongated to base Or, is released.

Galen of Bristol. Augmentation. Gules, a bend wavy between two double-bitted
battle axes Or, and as an augmentation on the bend a mullet of five greater
and
five lesser points sable.

Guyon Dupre. Name.

Kathleen Davis McReynald. Device. Per chevron azure and vert, two escallops
and a cat statant Or.

Klare metten Katten. Device. Lozengy Or and azure, a cat couchant guardant
contourny argent.

     The submitter has permission to conflict with Quenild Comyn, Potenty Or
and azure, a cat dormant guardant contourny argent.

Margaret MacDuff. Name.

     This is in aural conflict with Margaret MacDuibhshithe, whose name was
registered in December 1993 and who is currently a member of the College
     of Arms. As her Letter of Comment included a permission to conflict, we
can register this.

Robartach Ó Sluagháin. Name and device. Per chevron sable and gules, in
chief a bezant.

     Submitted as Robartach Ó Sluaghain, we have added an accent to the
byname to match the submitted documentation.

ANSTEORRA - Returns

Angus de Botha. Device. Argent, three roses sable.

     Conflict with Kaie Haraldson, Or, three cinquefoils sable. There is a
CD for the field, but nothing for the difference between a cinquefoil and a
rose.

Medb ingen Domnaill uí Somhairle. Device. Checky Or and azure, a swan rising
wings displayed argent, gorged of a collar sable.

     Conflict with badge for Widsith Devona of Exmoor, reblazoned elsewhere
on this letter, Per bend sinister sable and vert, a snowy egret rising
     wings displayed argent. There is a CD for the field, but nothing for
the difference in type between the two birds.