[ANSTHRLD] titles....

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Tue Aug 28 16:40:48 PDT 2001

Etienne wrote:
<< Speaking of myths about what is reserved and not, didn't I see that
someone had registered the red belt as a personal badge recently? >>

Morsulus Herald (the guy who sustains the Armorial), Herveus
d'Ormonde|0104Q|b|(Fieldless) A belt in annulo gules.  (Daniel de
Lincoln tried it first in 1994 or so, but hit a Papworth conflict or
six.)

<< Red belts were never registered or protected by the society (nor
green or yellow) despite their traditional uses. >>

I don't see the connection between the two sentences.  The object is
not the depiction of the object: Herveus's badge doesn't me I or
anyone can't wear a red belt, just like Ciaran Cluana Ferta's badge
doesn't mean that you can't wear a blue boot.  Further, while some
restricted insignia is in the Armorial, not all of it may be, and it's
not always clear from the Armorial entry whether it's the physical
insignia, the real badge, or a restricted charge, or all of the above.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)