[ANSTHRLD] Source for alternate spelling

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Wed Aug 8 10:48:38 PDT 2001

Greetings...

I have a submitter who would like to change the spelling of his
name. Currently, it is spelled 'Egil', but he would like it to be spelled
'{AE}gil'. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find this spelling in any
of my resources for Old Norse names to document this change, and from what
sources I do have, {ae} does not seem to be commonly used in names that
were not adopted from Old English into ON. Unfortunately, I do not have
sufficient OE resources to document this spelling as an OE alternative. If
someone could find this spelling or has found this spelling in the past, I
would be very interested in knowing about it.

Sunnifa
Herald, Canton of Lindenwood