[ANSTHRLD] ILoI 8/01 comm., esp. #7, Marquet de la Hyet

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 00:56:37 PDT 2001

In a message dated 8/11/01 1:50:54 AM Central Daylight Time, tmcd at jump.net
writes:

> This one was item
> #7 on the 4/01 ILoI.  I can't locate the collated commentary or the
> decision, so I guess it was probably ruled on 6/01.

Just found it online under ICC April 2001, item #7.  Here are the comments
and the CoA decision:

7. Marquet de la Hyet (Adlersruhe)
New name. New device. Or, a vêtu sable within a mascle Or a lozenge Or.

          Namron [Name]. No conflicts found. Marquet: Not checked—source
unavailable. de la Hyet: Not checked—source unavailable. [Device] No
conflicts found; however, recommend return in accordance with RfS VIII.4,
Obtrusive Modernity. The design looks like modern art.

          Magnus von Lübeck [Device] Blazon as "Or, vêtu sable, within a
mascle, a lozenge Or." Vêtu is a field division. This may be a non period
style (modern art) return but I prefer Laurel to make those type of rulings.

 7. COLLEGE ACTION: Name: Forwarded to Laurel. Device: Returned for modern
style

And I do recall seeing it in early 2001.  You and I were both there, along
with Mari, Gwenllian and Andre, and I looked at this device and thought,
"What th' hell?"  At that time, you suggested that it be returned for the
modernity reason, and given the fact that I couldn't even think of how that
could properly be blazoned, I figured it was a good enough reason to work
with.  I believe I called the device the "Concentric Lozenges".

Lord Johann (Paul)