[ANSTHRLD] Pen and sword

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Thu Aug 23 09:21:33 PDT 2001

Magnus> It is not that hard to select armory that suits
Magnus> a time period.

True.

Chandranath pointed out that it's for a group (Company of the Plume).
Trade guilds have plenty of examples where the tools of their trade,
or the final product, shows up on their arms.  That does help justify
it a little better.

However, "in saltire a plume and a rapier" still looks more like "I'm
a calligrapher and a rapier fighter" than "We're the hot-shot antenna
jocks of Mooneshadowe" or whatever it is supposed to be for.

The White Scarf has nothing rapier-shaped on it, yet it's quickly
obvious what it's for.  The white belt and the circle of chain have
nothing sword-shaped, ditto.  May I suggest a simple feather or plume?

Daniel "probably not blue, or else I wanna meet your group" de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)