[ANSTHRLD] titles....

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 13:25:11 PDT 2001

--- "Bordelon, Wendel" <Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com> wrote:
> > I would also include for the order a form of address, but not bog
> down
> > the order name with it (like the Centurions are).
>
> I would suggest a review of "APPENDIX C - Corpora on Titles in the
> Society"
> of the _Administrative_Handbook_of_the_College_of_Arms_of_the_SCA_
> found
> at:
> http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/admin.html#APPENDIX_C
>
> --Francois

Given this appendix's content, am I to assume then that the "Order of
the White Scarf of Ansteorra" does not have the right to use the title
"Don" and that the "Order of the Centurions of the Sable Star" likewise
lack the right to the title "Centurion"?

I know that "Don" is an alternate title for "Lord", but I don't believe
that "Centurion" is.  Likewise technically from this section the use of
"Honorable Lord" would be forbidden.

Do all of these situations have specific permission from the board, or
am I just missing something.

I don't think that either Protector or Sentinel without a place name
attached claims ownership of land.  I could see "Protector of Ireland"
for instance being problematic, but "Protector" simply as a title would
not seem to run afoul of that.  I take it you disagree?

Timothy