[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

Paul Haines wyrmclaw at ev1.net
Tue Aug 28 15:18:27 PDT 2001

One little thing that I'm curious about is the use of the white garment for
grant archers.  Yes, the knights have their belt, which is very distinct,
and the dons have their white scarf which is both distinct and swashbuckley.
Their being white doesn't detract from those personas, but as an archer, the
last thing I would want to wear out in the woods is something white.
Certainly, it would make those archers stand out on the archery range, but
period archers, I think, would be more practical in their attire.  Like the
Centurions, they are grant level and don't wear white, but they do wear
something very distinct to their order.

Another question that comes to mind...  Knights have squires; dons have
cadets, centurions have something (name escapes me).  Would grant archers
then get a student type as well?

Also, is this idea of a grant level then going to move into equestrian too?

And another strong archery figure is Herne.

In service,
Alden