[ANSTHRLD] titles....

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Tue Aug 28 21:24:07 PDT 2001

Daniel wrote:
><< Red belts were never registered or protected by the society (nor
>green or yellow) despite their traditional uses. >>
>
>I don't see the connection between the two sentences.

May have been an incoherent thought on my part.  I believe that I was
trying to say that they were not reserved by society for a specific
purpose despite tradition.  That doesn't stop tradition or make
traditions any less meaningful.  I think I tried to draw a poor
example of the title discussion using badges and regalia.  I'll just
bow out now.

Etienne