ANSTHRLD - October 2000 LoAR results

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Feb 2 16:40:30 PST 2001

On 31 Jan 01, at 17:53, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:
> Results of Ansteorran submissions at the October 2000 Laurel meeting.
>[...]
> Chandranath Mitra. Name and device. Per pale sable and gules, a
>   decrescent argent.
>      We are not entirely convinced that this name is a period Indian
>      name. However, the submitter has provided enough documentation
>      that we are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,
>      especially considering how limited our sources for Indian names
>      are.

Being the person who did the documentation,  I have to feel good that this
name passed on the first try, but I also think I could do a better job of
documenting it now, from what I've learned over the past year.  We're still
100% confident about the "Chandranath," although nothing more really
useful has come to light about the second name, alas.

>[...]
> Emma de Fetherstan. Name and device. Argent masoned sable, a feather
>   bendwise sinister gules.
>[...]

(Yay!)

-Emma