ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check - shark naiant

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Wed Feb 7 14:33:54 PST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> I think I was Oakenwald (hence, Agilwulf's local) *and* at that Laurel
> meeting, but "I've slept since then" so I could misremember.  I think
> that "shark's teeth" qua *shark's* teeth were considered to be
> intrinsically unrecognizable.  That is, they were drawn as jagged
> things, but no matter how you draw them, you can't tell by looking
> that they're supposed to be "shark's teeth" as opposed to some other
> teeth, mountains, whatever.

Okay, so no specifically-typed shark's teeth. :)

> > However, the submitters are very much wanting to have a vert-azure
> > field with an argent shark.
>
> Is this a household badge?  In period, badges (as used for
> affiliation) were fieldless.  Would they consider something along the
> lines of "[Fieldless] A shark per pale azure and vert"?

This is a household badge. I know that affiliation badges are fieldless in
period from watching this list, but I think the submitters' preference is
for a silver/white shark and to include the colors blue and green in some
manner, over period practices. I will hopefully see some of them tonight.

Thank you for taking the time to help!
Sunnifa