ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check - shark naiant

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Feb 7 16:56:00 PST 2001

Sunnifa wrote:
> For purposes of conflict checking

there is no substitute for going to the Rules for Submission and
reading RfS V.2, the conflict rules for non-personal names.  It shows
what can and what cannot conflict.  Among other rules, it shows that
"* White *" cannot conflict, unless the second star matches "Shark" in
sound or appearance.  (It's still *wise* to check "* White *", just in
case there's a creative mysspellynge of "Shark" that "* Shark *"
wouldn't pick up.)  It also mentions that the designator, like
"House", "Award", "Canton", ... doesn't count for difference, and
neither do prepositions like "of".

Daniel "if you preposition me, I'll show you my genitives" de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)