ANSTHRLD - conflict check for anvil on a flame

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Jan 5 23:48:39 PST 2001

> I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about heraldry yet so
> please be patient with me. My impression with Timothy's example is that
> it is showing a cd for a change of the primary charge, the only
> difference I see in those two blazons is one has a pheon and the other
> has a cross moline. Using that as a reference could i claim a cd for
> changing the unicorn's head to an anvil?

Unfortunately no.  Since X.4.j.ii.a. requires that the *primary* charge
be voidable in order to get a CD for type only of the tertiary charge, and
by Laurel ruling a flame is not simple enough to be voidable, then you
get no CD for type only change to the tertiary charge.  You need to make
at least two changes to a tertiary charge on a non-voidable primary charge
to get a CD.  With two different types of charge, you can't get difference
for turning it around, so the only way would be change the tincture of
the anvil.
Sorry.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry, beer, and sex:  what more does one need?    -  Rolland Carr