ANSTHRLD - Badges for Kingdom Awards/Titles

cbackus at peakonline.com cbackus at peakonline.com
Tue Jan 2 12:47:39 PST 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 11:17:16 -0800 (PST)
 Suzanne Powell <suzanne_powell at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings!

> Under the section on Kingdom-level events, I want to
> include information about
> each of the Kingdom events along with its associated
> badge and/or device. I'm
> looking for the badge/device blazon and possible links to
> .jpg or .gif files
> for said badges/devices.
>
> Event                           Associated Title
> ------------------------------
> Kingdom Arts and Sciences       Premier Artisan (?)
>
> Kingdom Eisteddfod              Premier Bard
>                                   Or, a rose sable barbed
> vert charged with a
>                                   rose Or barbed vert
> seeded sable within the
>                                   frame of an Irish harp
> sable.
>
> King's College                  ?
>
> Kingdom Warlord                 Kingdom Warlord
>                                   Or, a mullet of five
> greater and five lesser
>                                   points sable, a base
> embattled gules.
>
> Queen's Championship            Queen's Champion
>                                   A cup-hilted rapier
> inverted sable, overall
>                                   a rose sable charged
> with another Or,
>                                   thereon a mullet of
> five greater and five
>                                   lesser points sable.
>
> Queen's Children's College      ?
>
> Academy of the Rapier           ?

Academy of the Rapier does not have a title associated, nor
do I know of any heraldry associated with the event itself.

> Academy of the Bow              ?
>
> King's Lancer                   King's Lancer
>                                   No badge registered.
>
> Crown Tournament                Prince/Princess

Don't they use the Kings or the Queen's arms with a label?

> Coronation                      King/Queen
>
> In the online Awards Texts are also mentioned King's
> Champion (no badge
> registered), Queen's Blade of Honor (no badge
> registered), Kingdom Defender of
> the Children (badge in submission), Kingdom Champion of
> the Children (badge in
> submission).  Any information on when and how these
> titles are awarded would be
> greatly appreciated.

King's champion is normally selected at Coronation, there is
a tourney that morning.

Queen's Blade of Honor is traditionally given at evening
court of the Queen's Champion tourney.  It's given to a
fighter who has been consistently an exemplar of honor.