[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: Name / Spelling for "Tessa" of the Gardens

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Jul 11 09:45:58 PDT 2001

> Any info on the Marquess/Marchioness titles would be
> appreciated.

The title Marquess/Margraf/other cognates is a landed title, and
therefore, like all other landed titles, may not be used except where
the Board says it can be used.  The Board has not approved any use for
Marquess.

One of my "get around to it" projects is to contact that group that
calls their champion "Margrave".  There's that problem of giving
someone a landed title.  Also, by any order of precedence that I've
ever heard of, marquesses outrank counts, the shire is saying that
their champion outranks the last 4 ex-Crowns, for example, and every
baron and baroness in Ansteorra.

Of course, I can make a strong case that it is the duty of the kingdom
officer in charge of heraldry to contact them, perhaps with the
assistance of the Arm Militant of the College of Heralds.  If someone
wants to try to work on this, I am quite willing to provide
Peer Pressure in a gentle way.

Daniel (<mugsy>Nice shire ya got here.  A shame if somethin' was to
... HAPPEN to it, see?</mugsy>) de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)